Monday, July 9, 2012

An Apology for Blogging by an Anti-Blogger (on Food)

I always said I would never do a blog. I still feel very uncomfortable about it, it's not "me." But I often get requests for recipes and I thought it would be easier if I could just say, "Check out my blog," rather than writing out individual recipes.

I have come up with most of my recipes from two different influences. After I decided to switch to a vegan diet I wanted to recreate recipes from my upbringing in the Midwest so that I could still have the flavors I had grown up with.  I have also lived in some of the most diverse cities in the country and have had the opportunity to do a lot of traveling outside of the U.S. As we all know, one of the very best things about both large cities and travel is the food.

I now live in a small town in southern Minnesota that is populated with every chain restaurant you can imagine and one good Vietnamese restaurant. It was unthinkable that having good Indian, Thai, East African, Jamaican and Mexican food was no longer an option, but the only way to get these foods was to learn to cook them myself. So I did.

There you have it, my first blog post. I suppose you could call it an apology for blogging. It remains to be seen whether anyone will ever make use of these recipes, but if anyone does I hope you like what you eat.






No comments:

Post a Comment