Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blueberry Orange Smoothie

I got into smoothies when I tried to eat all raw food one summer. I felt amazing that whole summer but it wasn't something I felt I could keep up 100% of the time. The smoothies stuck with me though so I'm going to post some of my favorites. I don't really follow any of the amounts strictly, so when I say 1 Tbsp. of almond butter I mean a big blob of it, or when I say 1 c. of blueberries I mean dump in a bunch of blueberries. You can also add any supplements that you'd like to this such as nutritional yeast, spirulina, flax oil, greens, etc.



3/4 c. raw almond milk, or store bought nut or soy milk
1 Tbsp. raw almond butter (Trader Joe's has the best price for this)
1 banana, broken into pieces
2-3 dried dates, minced (Trader Joe's has a good price on these, ethnic grocery stores usually have even better prices)
Small drizzle of vanilla extract (optional)
1 whole orange, skin and seeds removed, or 1/2 c. pure orange juice
1 c. frozen blueberries

Place it all in the blender and blend until smooth. Keep in mind it will all blend together better if you place the wet ingredients into the blender first.

No comments:

Post a Comment