Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cherry Almond Smoothie

This is my personal favorite smoothie in the world. I think it came to me from above because The Almighty knew how much I'd love it. I don't really follow any of the amounts strictly, so when I say 1 Tbsp. of almond butter I mean a big blob of it.



1 c. raw almond milk, or store bought nut or soy milk
1 Tbsp. raw almond butter (Trader Joe's has the best price for this)
1 banana, broken into pieces
2-3 dried dates, minced (Trader Joe's has a good price on these, ethnic grocery stores usually have even better prices)
Small drizzle of vanilla extract
Small drizzle of almond extract
1 c. frozen cherries


Place it all in the blender and blend until smooth. Keep in mind it will all blend together better if you place the wet ingredients into the blender first.

Nate and Mr. Miyagi enjoy a smoothie - Photo courtesy of Christina Lehner

1 comment:

  1. I remember this being made for me and how delicious it is... ( :

    ReplyDelete