Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Strawberry Peach Smoothie

If you start making these smoothies you will notice there are several ingredients I use as a base for all of them. I made this one simply because frozen peaches were on sale and it turned out quite nicely. I think it's my second favorite smoothie right now. I don't really follow any of the amounts strictly, so when I say 1 c. of strawberries I mean dump in a bunch of strawberries.



1 c. raw almond milk, or store bought nut or soy milk
1 Tbsp. raw almond butter (Trader Joe's has the best price for this)
1 banana, broken into pieces
2-3 dried dates, minced (Trader Joe's has a good price on these, ethnic grocery stores usually have even better prices)
Small drizzle of vanilla extract (optional)
1 c. frozen strawberries
1 c. frozen peaches

Place it all in the blender and blend until smooth. Keep in mind it will all blend together better if you place the wet ingredients into the blender first.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing Sarah!!! I'm so glad your doing this, my sister in law is so cool... and it is more encouragement for me!!

    ReplyDelete